Wind Turbine/Generators can be dramatically affected by lightning strikes due to the design of these tall tower structures that are built in open spaces. When damage from electrical surge occurs, the damage is "hidden" in 85% of these occurrences. The remaining 15% of damage is outwardly visible as blade or tower structure damage. The "hidden" damage is harder to pinpoint but can be severely impactful to any and all interrelated power, control and communications systems inherent to the Wind Turbine/Generator. Therefore, protection to offset these detrimental occurrences is very important to the integrity of the systems.
ASI offers wind turbine lightning surge protection with our DIN Rail mountable SPD for Wind Turbine Power Supply. This device is 3 Pole, and includes Base and Pluggable Surge Protector Module. The device utilizes patented thermally protected MOV (Metal Oxide Varistors) Technology, and provides you an EZ solution & confident protection.
The product is UL recognized to UL 1449, 4th Edition Recognized, Type 4 for use in Type 1, 2 and 3 applications/Class C (II). As well, KEMA Certification: IEC 61643-11:2013, Class II has been attained. With a Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage (MCOV) rating of 275 Vac, and a Maximum Discharge Current of 50kA it protects your investment at a minimal cost.
In addition, this device includes the important features, which are standard at no additional cost to the user as follows.
IP20 Rated Degree of Protection.
Visual Indication: Green-OK, Red-Replace
Voltage specific integrated keying to prevent plug/base mis-mating errors.
To make status monitoring easy a remote contact is standard.
Catalog No. / Description
Wind Turbine SPD
UL Recognized: UL 1449 4th Edition, Type 1CA for use in Type 1, 2, and 3 Applications
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm ET (Orders Placed by 4:00pm ET will Ship Same Day)
Engineering Disclaimer: On all cross-references it is the customer's responsibility to confirm that the suggested equivalent meets all requirements of the intended application, as there may be slight differences.
Automation Systems Interconnect, Inc. 4700 Westport Drive, Suite 500
| Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 REMIT-TO: P.O. Box 1340 | Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Toll-Free: 877-650-5160 | 717-249-5581 | 717-249-5542 Fax email@example.com | www.asi-ez.com