DC Surge Protection Devices for Solar Panel Farms: 2 Pole, Common Mode, DC Circuit SPDs
ASI offers lightning surge protection with our Low Voltage DC surge protection devices for Solar Power. These devices are available in 2 and 3 Pole versions which include a Base and Plug-in Surge Protector Module. The device utilizes patented thermally protected MOV (Metal Oxide Varistors) Technology and provides you an EZ solution & confident protection. We offer these because photovoltaic applications can be dramatically affected by lightning strikes due to the design of these solar panel farms which fill large open spaces. When damage from electrical surge occurs, the damage is "hidden" in 85% of these occurrences. The remaining 15% of damage is outwardly visible in the solar PV panels. The "hidden" damage is harder to pinpoint but can be severely impactful to any and all interrelated power, control and communications systems inherent to these photovoltaic applications. Therefore, protection to offset these detrimental occurrences is very important to the integrity of the systems. The product is UL recognized to UL 1449, 4th Edition Recognized, Type 4 for use in Type 1, 2 and 3 applications/Class C (II). As well, KEMA Certification: IEC 61643-11:2013, Class II has been attained. With a Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage (MCOV) rating of 550 Vdc and 745Vdc and a Maximum Discharge Current of 50kA, it protects your investment at a minimal cost. In addition, this device includes the important features, which are standard at no additional cost to the user as follows.IP20 Rated Degree of Protection.Visual Indication: Green-OK, Red-ReplaceVoltage specific integrated keying to prevent plug/base mis-mating errors.To make status monitoring easy a remote contact is standard.
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm ET (Orders Placed by 4:00pm ET will Ship Same Day)
Engineering Disclaimer: On all cross-references it is the customer's responsibility to confirm that the suggested equivalent meets all requirements of the intended application, as there may be slight differences.
Automation Systems Interconnect, Inc. 4700 Westport Drive, Suite 500
| Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 REMIT-TO: P.O. Box 1340 | Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Toll-Free: 877-650-5160 | 717-249-5581 | 717-249-5542 Fax firstname.lastname@example.org | www.asi-ez.com